Williams Lea is hiring for a Hybrid Proofreader for our Downtown Wheeling, WV office to work Monday to Friday 6:00 pm to 3:00 pm!
Pay: $15.25 + 10% shift differential
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Provided Parking
The Proofreader position is responsible for reviewing legal documents for grammar and verbiage corrections.
(* denotes an "essential function")
- Identify and correct spelling, grammar, and verbiage errors in complex legal documents.
- Detect formatting and compositional errors in documents.
- Check corrected proofs of legal documents against mark-up for comparison and quality assurance.
- Assist the Document Services team with document production and preparation as needed.
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information.
- Communicate with manager and client on job or deadline issues.
- Adhere to Williams Lea policy in addition to client site policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in English/Journalism preferred or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum (1) year proofreading experience preferably in a legal, banking or large corporate environment
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint desired.
- Knowledge of a legal timekeeping or job tracking system is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must have good organizational skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
- Must be self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Proven customer service skills are required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships.
Who we are: From our humble beginnings as a print shop in London, to our position today as a global leader in Marketing and Communications services. Our business is built on a strong heritage, great relationships and a talented team.
Today we have one purpose, to create value for our clients by working smarter with fewer resources, enhancing efficiencies, improving their customer's experience and strengthening their brand reputation.
Our clients and their customers have always been at the heart of everything we do. Our long-term partnerships, great
relationships and exceptional employees have been the driving force behind our success.
Your safety and well-being: As we all continue to deal with the effects of COVID-19, your health and well-being remain our top priority. In preparation for returning to our workplaces, the following guidance has been developed with reference to government, designated authority, as well as feedback received from employees. This guidance is further supported by our Wellness site content and external resources to help you manage through these unprecedented times.
Face masks: To supplement social distancing and where stipulated, everyone is required to wear a face mask at all times upon entering and when working within the building.
Social distancing: Workstations and office areas are continually evaluated to ensure the 2m/6ft social distancing rule can be applied and adhered to by all employees.
It is the policy of Williams Lea to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity of expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Williams Lea is a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Location/Region: Wheeling, WV