Along with a competitive salary, a comprehensive package that includes generous paid time off, 401K match and an employee healthcare planSalary:
$76,960- $108,160 Based on experience
Canonsburg PA, 15317
The control system programmer 3 position requires the ability to perform at a senior level on large to small automation projects. The successful candidate will possess the ability complete complex programming efforts, keeping track of project details and ensuring successful project completion and delivery of a robust system to a satisfied customer. The position requires the following of the successful candidate.
- Extensive experience with Industrial Automation and Control Systems, i.e. PLC, DCS, HMI, RTU, OIT, SCADA, across multiple platforms.
- Proven decision making and scope management.
- Required to lead on projects for the automation scope and responsible to handle interactions with other engineering departments (Multi Discipline, Electrical Design, instrumentation Design and Industrial Information Technology) on the project to ensure programming and automation design are seamlessly integrated.
- Expected to lead projects and at times be a mentor to other automation resources.
- Functions include providing process control engineering, included but not limited to: specification, engineering, configuration and startup for projects implementing automation control systems for industrial clients.
- Work efficiently with clients including OEM’s, end users, and EPC firms across a range of industries including General Industry, Food & Beverage, Pulp & Paper, Steel & Metals, OEM, Municipal & Institutional, High Purity, EPC, Chemical Processing, Oil & Gas, Power Generation.
- Ability to read, interpret and advise on control aspects of P&IDs and electrical drawings.
- Strong analytical skills, big picture thinking balanced with detail-oriented skills.
- Proven experience performing IO checks, startup and commissioning activities at client sites.
- Taking the lead on the startup and commissioning activities and handling customer updates, requests and managing completion expectations. Startup and commissioning activities typically require overtime that is paid at straight hourly rate.
- Proven field experience troubleshooting PLC, HMI, DCS programming.
- Proven experience programming online with processors. Uploading / downloading to / from running process controls systems.
- Proven experience with customer focused interactions on the plant floor and in customer meetings, taking the lead and responsibility for the automation portion of the scope.
- Proven experience working to a project budget and scope. Identifying scope creep to project management. Assuming responsibility to complete tasks within the project budget and on time within the project schedule. Responsible for managing the automation portion of projects and adhering to discipline scope, schedule and budget.
- Potential for directing junior and mid-level automation engineers, at the technical level by developing tasks required to complete a project. Teaching programming techniques and teaching by example, customer interactions and programming implementation.
- Mentoring junior resources in programming and in automation engineering.
- Attending site visits and meetings for new project work and for potential work to be estimated.
- Preparing estimates and writing proposals for potential work.
- Technical writing skills are required to assist in completing project documentation and project reports.
- Ability to follow and perform work in accordance with the HS&E company policies and procedures.
- This position has a travel expectation that could range from 20% up to 75% depending on project activities such as site startups and commissioning, site inspections, consulting engagements etc.
YOUR EXPERIENCE: The desired candidate will possess a degree such as a Bachelors in a technical field and ten plus years of experience in an automation engineering position.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company
- Access to leading-edge technology
Location/Region: Canonsburg, Pennsylvania