Williams Lea is the global provider of skilled business-critical support services to financial, legal and professional services firms. We connect people, processes and technology to manage documents and streamline key operational functions.
From our humble beginnings as a financial printer in London, to our position today as a global outsourcing leader, our business is built a strong heritage, great relationships and a talented team. Our 6,000 worldwide employees work onsite at clients and onshore/offshore at Williams Lea operations providing unrivaled support and helping clients transform their support operations. With revenues of over $400 million, Williams Lea is backed by Advent International, one of the largest global private equity investors.
The Systems Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. This individual responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solutions
(* denotes an “essential function”)
- *Provide 1st and 2nd level IT support service, using a professional approach with excellent, proficient telephone techniques and high-quality communication through effective, practiced customer service skills.
- *Respond to technical support queries and log them into the IT Service Management System, ensuring that details are accurately and promptly entered to the requestor's and the division's satisfaction.
- Utilize a wide range of technological tools to investigate, diagnose and fix to a defined service level target, or where appropriate, escalate technical issues to the appropriate team(s).
- *Troubleshoot end-user hardware, operating system, basic network, server based access and voice communications problems, providing resolutions where possible while working with IT Help Desk.
- *Troubleshoot software-related problems, and other computer related peripherals issue, providing resolutions where possible while working with IT Help Desk.
- Maintain and update internal knowledge base of procedural and technical information, fully adhering to updates in policy, procedures and new technology.
- Process and respond to incoming IT forms and requests: procurement, access requests and queries/call requests submitted via e-mail, phone or in person.
- *Install and configure Windows and Apple desktops and laptops as per company standard builds.
- *Ensure all new assets (hardware and software) are entered into the asset inventory system.
- A.A. or A.S. degree in information technology is preferred but not necessary
- 3+ years’ experience in IT or technology experience is preferred
- 1-2 years of Customer Service experience
- Experience troubleshooting end-user hardware, operating systems, basic network troubleshooting, basic Windows Active Directory Management and voice systems support.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- High level of communication, training and motivation skills.
- High quality customer care communicator at all levels. Fully proficient telephone techniques / experience.
- Ability to communicate with both internal and external clients including but not limited to Manager, Directors and above.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to schedule, prioritize and delegate workload.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to anticipate potential IT issues.
Your safety and wellbeing:
As we all continue to deal with the effects of COVID-19, your health and wellbeing remain our top priority. In preparation for returning to our workplaces, the following guidance has been developed with reference to government, designated authority, as well as feedback received from employees. This guidance is further supported by our Wellness site content and external resources to help you manage through these unprecedented times.
To supplement social distancing and where stipulated, everyone is required to wear a face mask at all times upon entering, and when working within the building.
Workstations and office areas are continually evaluated to ensure the 2m/6ft social distancing rule can be applied and adhered to by all employees.
It is the policy of Williams Lea to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity of expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Williams Lea is a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Location/Region: Wheeling, WV