Lifting Gear Hire is seeking a mechanically inclined individual responsible for inspecting completed products and performing equipment maintenance. The individual may also be required to transport rental/sales orders in designated vehicles in a timely and safe manner.
• Ability to disassemble, troubleshoot, repair, reassemble and test various types of electrical, hand operated, and pneumatic rental equipment;
• Prepare each job in accordance with a job order or verbal/written instructions;
• Perform inspection of completed product in accordance with company quality standards;
• Move finished products between stations and shipping area as needed;
• Prepare finished products for shipment in accordance with company procedures;
• Report problems or discrepancies to management;
• Operate shop equipment and machinery in accordance with safety requirements;
• Notify management of equipment malfunctions, injuries or related occurrences;
• Transport rental/ sales orders in designated vehicles in a timely manner;
• Submit delivery ticket and return tickets to the National Rental Center;
• Read and load customer orders for delivery by reviewing delivery ticket to confirm that all products are assigned for;
• Load and unload delivery vehicles to include lifting and arranging products according to assigned deliveries;
• Examine customer returns and determine acceptability in accordance with company policy;
• Operate company vehicles in a safe and courteous manner;
• Ensure proper maintenance of delivery vehicle to include checking oil and fuel, keeping vehicle neat and clean and reporting all accidents/damage/malfunctions to the Shop Foreman;
• Communicate with National Rental Center status as necessary;
• Report all customer complaints to the Shop Foreman immediately;
• Perform errands as requested; and
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Mechanical background or aptitude strongly desired;
- Prior warehouse/manufacturing or related work required;
- Experience working on air hoists, come alongs, manual hoists, and electric hoists desired;
- Prior forklift experience desired.
A current valid driver's license and ability to meet commercial insurance underwriting requirements required. DOT Certification required and must be maintained.
Founded 1990, leveraging twenty-three (23) locations throughout the U.S. and Canada, Lifting Gear Hire (LGH) is the United States’ largest single organization devoted exclusively to provide hoisting, pulling, jacking, winching, and other lifting and rigging equipment for rent and sale. LGH is able to meet virtually every conceivable lifting or moving requirement, within the industrial and commercial construction industry. All rental stock is maintained to peak conditions so as to be ready for immediate and, above all, safe utilization. Our mission is to offer expertise in the rental of the safest and most reliable hoisting and rigging equipment to build and support a better North America.
We are committed to providing continual and comprehensive training in all areas, furnishing our employees with the necessary tools to become successful. We are proud to offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a comfortable, progressive work environment.
Location/Region: Burgettstown, PA (US)