Join our NETA accredited company and be a part of a growing electrical power testing industry!
Western Electrical Services’s (WES) highly trained engineers and technicians provide complete electrical testing services for the commissioning, acceptance and maintenance of electrical transmission, distribution and generation systems of commercial, educational, health care, industrial and utility facilities. Our service area includes: Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Nevada, Idaho, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana.
We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Electrical Testing Technician
Seeking candidates with 5+ years of relative experience in the electrical testing industry, including direct experience with medium and high voltage electrical apparatus testing, circuit breakers, power and instrument transformers, and protection and controls. The candidate must be familiar with industry standard test equipment and safe work practices. WES has positions in Utah and Southern California, as well as other areas based on experience. Our Field Service Division is managed from our Vancouver, WA office. This is a great opportunity in a highly-technical and growing industry with a continuing need for trained and experienced personnel. We offer an excellent potential for professional advancement as well as compensation.
- Inspect, test, trouble shoot, to include data collection and reporting of low, medium and high voltage electrical systems, and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering.
- Instrument transformer testing
- Power transformer testing
- Test electrical-mechanical and solid-state relays
- Cable testing
- Switchgear and circuit breaker testing
- Read and interpret control prints, wiring diagrams and relaying schematics
- Ability to deliver technical solutions to customers with a high degree of professionalism
- Prefer training from an accredited 2 year technical school, apprenticeship or armed services and/or Associates degree in electronics, electrical/mechanical desired.
- Must have testing skills and understand fundamental electrical testing procedures.
- Prefer 2 or more years of relevant experience with low, medium and high voltage apparatus and applications.
- Prefer NETA certification (II or III) or equivalent skills/experience to become NETA certified within 6 months.
- Must have proficiency with laptop and working remotely with Wi-Fi access, including above average PC skills, email, internet, data entry, and MS Office applications, Adobe Acrobat and good proficiency with working with shared data files on company server archives.
- OSHA 30, MSHA, NFPA 70-E, CPR/First Aid training a plus.
- Must be able to demonstrate safe work habits and promote safety on job sites.
- Must adhere to WES and all industry standard electrical safety practices.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment, periodic and unannounced random drug testing.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be able to crawl, climb, stand for long periods of time, lift up to 75lbs.
- Must have and maintain a current valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, and occasional weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to travel and stay on job location/work site for extended periods of time.
- Military base access, valid US Passport, and TWIC card a plus.
- DOE, Full benefits, potential quarterly bonus, per diem and travel expenses covered.
Group CBS Inc. www.groupcbs.com is the leader in our field in the US and around the world; we are undeniably the best at what we do. Come join us if you want to build a career.